For more information, contact Peter King at StoneHaus, Pensacola, Florida. Peter is fluent in English and Spanish.
BASIC WORKSHOP SCHEDULE:
• Brief History of Architectural Ceramics
• Overview: StoneHaus work
• Overview: Slides of construction/installation
• Discussion: Clay Bodies and Slab Rollers
• Discussion: Calculate Wet to Dry Clay Shrinkage
• Discussion: Scale-up from Drawing to Full-size Template
• Demonstration: Design/Construction/Use of a Draw Tool
• Begin construciton of large, full-scale architectural piece by laying out the base slab. Usually a fireplace or door surround.
• Slide Presentation: Architectural projects from start to finish to provide a sense of work for the week.
• Demonstration: How to make Columns, Rectilinear Relief, Mantles
• Demonstration: Phase 1 - How to Make A Sink
• Demonstration: As time permits - Make a wheel-thrown Table Top
• Slide show of the construction of the largest single work ever undertaken by this studio. This show covers the entire process of the creation of the entry gates for Annmarie Gardens in Soloman, Maryland.
• Demonstration: Wheel thrown forms made from slabs - Technique for Columns
• Demonstration: Wheel thrown Sink Rims
• Demonstration: Plaster Casting
• Demonstration: Mechanical Fasteners for Hot Mortar or Temporary Installations
• Discussion: Slide Show Peter constructs tailored to cover specific questions that have arisen during the current workshop
• Demonstration: Tile making from slab, press molds, and other methods
• Detail and Section Architectural Project
• Prepare for Architectural Project Installation tomorrow
• Discussion: Miscellaneous Topics which have emerged during the workshop
• Discussion: Business aspects of Architectural Ceramics
— Generating Proposals
• Begin Installation: Architectural project. This will include a great deal of information about materials and techniques for installing large-scale architectural work.
• Finish Installation, Grouting, Cleaning of Architectural Project
* While all of the demonstrations will take place, the exact day of some of the shorter demos may change based on the tempo and rhythm of the workshop.
CONTACT PETER KING TO HOST A WORKSHOP